Date: 22nd-27th November 2016 | Time: 09:00 - 21:00
Venue: KM Conservatory of Music + IndiEarth XChange | Event Type: Music / Workshop
12 lucky artists or bands will be shortlisted by an international jury to participate in the Indie100 Program, which features a lineup of practical workshops, recording sessions, and showcase opportunities.
Note: Bands must be available for the full programme
Nov 22nd - KM Conservatory of Music, Auditorium
17:00 - 19:00 | Workshop | Pre-Production Techniques
Nov 23rd - KM Conservatory of Music, Auditorium
17:00 - 19:00 | Workshop | Creativity + Performance Techniques
Nov 24th / 25th - KM Conservatory of Music, Studio 1 + 2
08:00 – 20:00 | Recording Sessions
Nov 26th - IndiEarth XChange - The Park Chennai
Discussion | Navigating The Industry Ocean
Nov 27th - IndiEarth XChange - The Park Chennai
Workshop | Showcase Performances for Industry Professionals
Who Can Apply?
- The program is aimed at unsigned young aspiring musicians
- Bands must be from India, and must have a selection of original material ready to be recorded (no covers allowed)
- Bands must be available for the entire programme of workshops, assigned recording slots, and during the two days of IndiEarth XChange 2016 - November 26th – 27th in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
What opportunities will the selected bands be entitled to?
- Selected bands will be produced, recorded, mixed and mastered by top Australian and Indian music producers
- Artists will have the opportunity to work with renowned names in the international music industry
- Artists will have the opportunity to showcase onstage at IndiEarth XChange 2016 and receive valuable feedback from global music buyers and festival organisers
- Bands will have their material recorded in a state-of-the-art facility, fully equipped, high-end recording suite
- The recorded and mastered tracks will be posted to Bandcamp
- The tracks will be released on a compilation CD with worldwide distribution and professionally distributed to increase publicity of the artists, with copyrights remaining exclusively with the artists
- Each member of the selected bands will also receive a free XChange Pass 2016, giving them access to music performances, film screenings, workshops, conferences and more
Meet The Producers
A Brisbane based recording engineer and record producer who has worked with world renowned recording artists – including Ed Sheeran, The Medics, and Jeff Martin (The Tea Party)
Dr. Kristina Kelman
A lecturer in Music and Sound with 23 years of experience working both as a professional musician and as an educator.
Dr. Adam Greig
An active performer, researcher and musicologist who specializes in performing early 20th Century French repertoire as well as contemporary electro-acoustic music.
A Chennai based Music Producer and Audio Engineer who has worked with artists like Hiphop Tamizha, Chinmayi Tripathi, Desi Music Entertainment & many independent artists.
Jithu George P
Trainer, Recording Engineer and Head of Department of Audio/Music at Muzik Lounge School of Audio Technology, Chennai, and Acoustician at Molecules Studio, Kerala.
Professor of Music at Queensland University of Technology and founder/executive producer of Indie 100. Phil has spent over two decades as a professional composer and producer.
How To Apply?
1. Have the following details ready:
- At least 3 links to previous tracks, or tracks to be recorded
- Links to active Social Media – SoundCloud, YouTube Channel, Facebook etc
- Electronic Press Kit / Band Biography
2. Click on the button at the bottom of the page - the submission fee is Rs. 800 (per application)
3. After you make the payment, you will be directed to the Online Submission Form
4. Fill in the form, and submit it!
1. No submissions will be considered beyond the deadline date of November 7th, 2016
2. Jury selection is final
3. Bands will be required to make their own travel/accommodation arrangements in Chennai
4. Bands must bring their own instruments to the recording
5. Basic back line will be provided (drums, and guitar amps)
6. Fees are non-refundable.
7. For further inquiries, please contact us.